from husband Bill, August 7, 2026
My IV port in my right wrist/forearm was hurting me during antibiotics infusions, so the medical technician here in my hospital room just put in a new intravenous port (photo) in my upper right arm and then took out my old port. It feels much better. I will have to wait for my next infusion to see if there will be any pain. I also had a port in the back of my left hand at the same time my other original port was in, but I accidentally ripped it out of my hand while I was sleeping. I didn't really need two at once, unless there was a medical reason for it . Anyway, now I am equipped with a new port and ready for my next infusions of antibiotics, and also infusions of steroids, both for severe pneumonia.


No comments:
Post a Comment