Sunday, December 26, 2021

Magical Mystery Tour: 54 Years

54 years ago today on Boxing Day (December 26, 1967), The Beatles movie "Magical Mystery Tour" was broadcast in England. While the colorfully striking movie was basically a flop because it was broadcast on one of the BBC channels in black and white, the double-EP (extended play) vinyl records and accompanying booklet of photos sold exceptionally well. It was later turned into a vinyl album with the six songs from the movie on Side One and five songs that were released as singles on Side Two. The German album, which I used to have on vinyl, was released in true stereo, while the U.S. album, which I also had on vinyl, was released in fake stereo. I have the U.S. release on CD. I also have the German release on a bootleg CD, which also contains the mono version of The Beatles 1967 album "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band." I also have the "Magical Mystery Tour" movie on DVD and on VHS videotape. Long ago, I met Neil Innes (R.I.P.) at a Beatles convention. He appeared in the movie as a member of the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...