Sunday, December 4, 2022

RIPFZ

December 4, 2022


Frank Vincent Zappa (December 21, 1940 – December 4, 1993) passed away 29 years ago today. My cousin Scott and I attended one of his performances at The Pier, an outdoor theater in New York City, in 1984. I have a DVD of that concert tour that was filmed at The Pier. There were two shows that year at that venue, so there is a 50-50 chance that we attended that exact concert. I don't remember the exact date we attended. I am a huge Zappa fan. He is one of my favorite guitarists. I have many of his CDs, and, long ago, I used to collect his vinyl albums.

Here is Zappa performing on The Mike Douglas Show in 1976. He is an amazing guitarist.

https://youtu.be/_q0nImsfMvE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 20, 2024, at home If I am feeling mainstream, I'll go for a pepperoni pizza. If not, then I'll go for my favorite pizza to...