Sunday, November 5, 2023

Brazilian Grand Prix

Sunday, November 5, 2023: It's 12 p.m. here in southeastern Florida, and I am in my bed in my room at The Isles Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Boynton Beach, Florida (https://ibnrc.org/), following spinal surgeries on September 2, 2023, and on October 6, 2023. I am watching a live broadcast of the Brazilian Grand Prix on Sky Sports F1 (on ESPN 2). The race started at 12 p.m.

This is the 20th race of the 23-race Formula 1 auto racing season for 2023. Today's circuit (track) is the Autódromo José Carlos Pace in Interlagos, São Paulo, Brazil.

The first 19 races were in Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Miami, Monaco, Spain, Canada, Austria, Great Britain, Hungary, Beligium, The Netherlands, Italy, Singapore, Japan, Qatar, Austin, and Mexico.

This season, there are two races in Italy and three races in the United States (Miami, Austin, and an inaugural race in Las Vegas). The Grand Prix in Imola, Italy, earlier this season was postponed due to poor weather conditions: rain and flooding.

Formula 1 racing is the only sport that I actively follow. There are 20 drivers on 10 teams (constructors). Only one driver is from the United States.

The Red Bull team won the Constructors Championship after the Japanese Grand Prix. Red Bull driver Max Verstappen of The Netherlands won the Championship, when he won the Qatar Grand Prix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 20, 2024, at home If I am feeling mainstream, I'll go for a pepperoni pizza. If not, then I'll go for my favorite pizza to...