Sunday, December 3, 2023

Memory: Bucks Fizz

December 3, 2023, at home

Musical Memory

Turn ABBA British; add a little edginess and a little sexiness; and you get Bucks Fizz. I became a lukewarm fan of this group when I first heard their song "My Camera Never Lies" around 1982 (the year of its release as a single), or was it in 1983, as a 45-rpm record in the living room of my Austrian cousins' house on the side of a snowy mountain in Dornbirn, in Vorarlberg, the westernmost province of Austria. I was in my early 20s.

I have two of their 33-1/3-rpm, vinyl, LP records. I can't remember if I ever purchased one of their CDs. Bucks Fizz won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1981 with their song "Making Your Mind Up."

Here is the music video for "My Camera Never Lies."

https://youtu.be/QYDy4oSegNQ?si=_0-g2S3u3u-mJO2Y

By the way, a Buck's Fizz, with an apostrophe, is an alcoholic cocktail made of about two parts sparkling wine, typically Champagne, to one part orange juice. It is essentially the same as the Mimosa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 19, 2024, at home When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, I enjoyed Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, as well as Snack Pack chocol...