Sunday, December 31, 2023

Prosit Neujahr !!!

December 31, 2023, 6 p.m., at home

My many Austrian cousins in Austria are now celebrating the new year at midnight. Austria (Central European Time) is six hours later than Florida (Eastern Time). I always celebrate twice. In the early 1980s, I celebrated the New Year's Eve and Day in the early 1980s at my cousins' home in western Austria. (I have visited my Austrian cousins seven times; several times I went skiing in the Austrian Alps with them.)

The picture below (in German) translates to: "Happy New Year and a good slide into the new year." "Rutsch" (slide) is a traditional word used to describe how one enters a new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...