I found this video to be helpful, but it's more for the people who have yet to retire. (I retired in April 2017.)
According to this video, I have been retired my entire life, mostly, meaning that I have lived my professional life as if I were retired. I worked hard during my professional days, but I never took much of it to heart. My attitude was: I will stay at my job until they throw me out.
The only thing that I ever took seriously in my entire life was and still is my heartfelt love for family members and friends. That's all that really matters.
My religion is Gaudiya Vaishnavism (Hare Krishna), which basically states that nothing on Earth is of much importance compared to "Returning To Godhead (Heaven)." We are all here temporarily, and when we die, we hope to go back "Home." I was always serious and diligent with my many professional gigs, but I never got so deep into them to allow them to cause me too much distress.
Regarding one of my gigs, I typically joke about me being a hot-shot journalistic ace in New York City. I was never that delusional to really believe that, but it was fun pretending to be a hot shot. I was just your garden-variety nerd, writing about the financial and technical aspects of the chemical industry for a weekly, international magazine.
The basic idea is to live your life on your own terms because, relatively, no one cares about your life. They are all too busy living their own lives to care about your life. The tiny amount of people who do care about you are the precious ones and the only ones who really matter.
"10 Things Retirees Just Stopped Caring.About"
https://youtu.be/A-lvYmMpGSA?is=9STZwD-jZK7e1doO
August 16, 2026, home from the hospital on August 11, 2026, after 8 days in the hospital (with pneumonia)


No comments:
Post a Comment