Sunday, September 6, 2026

Today Is ...

From husband Bill, Sept. 6, 2026

I like coffee ice cream, especially with some kind of chocolate.

From husband Bill, Sept. 6, 2026

I have read many books in my lifetime so far, especially during my studies for my two university degrees: a bachelor's degree in communications with a minor in the French language and a master's degree in journalism. Hey, during my undergraduate-degree matriculation in the early 1980s, I had to read FIFTEEN (15) Shakespeare plays in three months.

Also, when I was working as a reporter/writer for a wire service on commodities (futures and options) trading in 1997, I studied a HUGE textbook (with hundreds of pages) in the evenings. At the start, I had no knowledge, except that I was personally familiar with the products I was covering - coffee, sugar, cocoa, cotton, orange juice, and milk - but not the markets. I wrote 13 to 16 articles/stories EVERY DAY.

Also, in the 1980s, I read a fair amount of German philosophy: Hegel for university; and Schopenhauer and Nietzsche on my own.

What did/do you read?

From husband Bill, Sept. 6, 2026






No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

From husband Bill, Sept. 6, 2026 I like coffee ice cream, especially with some kind of chocolate. From husband Bill, Sept. 6, 2026 I have re...