From husband Bill, Sept. 11, 2026
WHERE WERE YOU WHEN YOU FOUND OUT ABOUT THE 9/11 ATTACKS?
I was still asleep. I was working as an editor for a daily morning newspaper in southeastern Florida, so my working hours were 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. I would typically go home, eat some food, and be in bed slightly before 4 a.m.
My mother, who lived nearby, called me on the phone slightly after 9 a.m. to tell me what happened, so I turned on the TV.
I worked as a journalist in New York City from 1991 to 1998, in part directly across the street from the World Trade Center buildings. In the later 1990s, every weekday morning, I would take the PATH train from my home in Jersey City, New Jersey, into the bottom of one of the towers.
(I moved to Florida in 1998.)
From husband Bill, Sept. 11, 2026


No comments:
Post a Comment