Saturday, February 25, 2023

Birthdays: Bryan & Billy

Happy 63rd birthday (February 25, 2023) to my dear friend Bryan, who has always been a year and a day older than me. It is difficult to believe that we have known each other for very close to 62 years.

Here I am sitting between Bryan and his sister Suzanne behind my house in Babylon, Long Island, New York, in June 1962, when I was 16 months old. Bryan was 28 months old. I just say that we were ages 1 and 2, respectively.

Although we lived on different streets, only a hedge separated our backyards. I lived in that house in Babylon with my parents from the time of my birth on February 26, 1961, until we moved to a house several miles away in West Islip during the summer of 1972.

The last time I was with Bryan was for several hours when I was on a business trip in Las Vegas in March 2016. He lives in Vegas; I live in southeastern Florida. At the time of that business trip, we hadn't been together in about 19 years.

We continue to keep in touch via phone and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...